Re: An argument against multiple character sets

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, J. William Semich wrote:

> That's why Microsoft has adopted UTF-8 (UNICODE) as its "standard" default
> configuration, both in IE5 and in Windows 2000 DNS. And once Netscape
> adopts the same default "standard", both browsers will only (or, primarily)
> send UTF-8 queries to the resolver. Our customers tell us other browsers
> (such as Opera) can also resolve our test UTF-8 test URLs

You have implemted your version of "idn" in the se.nu. zone. As far as I
understand, you see that as an experiment. Could you make that zone
available for zone transfer or some other way so we can see how your
implementation looks like? When I try to resolv SödraKärr.se.nu I get
NXDOMAIN. Before I got a domain with high octetts.

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                    dufberg@nic-se.se
NIC-SE                                           +46-8-545 857 06
Box 5774                                    fax: +46-8-545 857 29
SE-114 87 Stockholm                         http://www.nic-se.se/