Re: An argument against multiple character sets

Hell;

At 02:44 PM 1/23/00 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
>>I'm not saying I think this "unofficial" working group should just bless
>>UTF-8. I'm saying the more important work is in developing standards for
>>upgrading BIND.
>
>Before we've even finished the requirements, much less the protocol? Gosh,
>I can imagine some other things I'd like to see the BIND folks working on
>before then. :-)

Sorry, I could better have said "updating RFC 1034-35," not referring
specifically to ISC's implementation of BIND.

The point being, I do believe updates to RFC 1034-35 should be an early or
parallel priority for this (or a related) working group.

Bill

Bill Semich
President and Founder
.NU Domain Ltd