Re: Matching and comparison

At 09:13 AM 1/22/00 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
>Why not now? If there are no non-Unicode ways to meet the other
>requirements in the requirements spec, I think we should deal with Unicode
>in the requirements spec. If there are multiple methods, we shouldn't.

Ignore that. I was getting a bit religious and forgetting what should and
should not be in a requirements document.

>I don't think we're being truthful by doing "indirect" requirements. Your
>requirements document was written in a different political environment
>than this one. Maybe they're similar, but I certainly hope not.

Kind of ignore that too. I still think we *can* say that we need
canonicalization in the requirements document, but not that we have to.

Sorry for the stridency in the earlier message.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium