Re: one-language solution

At 12:11 AM 1/23/00 +0800, James Seng wrote:
>just wondering, is the working group willing to accept solutions which works
>only for one language?

I'd like to answer the question, but I want to be sure what you are asking.
By "language", do you mean things like "English" and "Japanese"? Or did you
mean character set, such as "Latin" and "hiragana" and so on?

BTW, we're still not yet a working group...

>if yes, we may create different solutions for different languages so we will
>need to discuss the interoperablity of different solutions.

Regardless of your meaning, I strongly believe we need to come up with
*one* solution. I don't think the Internet community will take well to a
stream of similar and hopefully interoperable changes to the DNS.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium