[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fwd: Eeek - .NU Domains using
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Eeek - .NU Domains using
- From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:56:57 -0800
- Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:57:00 -0800
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 08:09 AM 1/10/00 +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>At 17:29 09.01.00 -0800, Bill Manning wrote:
>>I'd be strongly in favor of not mixing glyphs between sets.
>but we can't tell whether we are doing this without defining what a "set"
>is, which gets us started down the implementation slippery slope.
>We can say that "there is no requirement for mixing A with B inside a
>single label", where A and B are different subsets of the set of all
>Giving a few examples is probably Good Enough for the requirements.
I disagree that we can say "there is no requirement". There may be no
*current* requirement, but we don't know about the future. Why should we
limit this now?
--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium