Re: Fwd: Eeek - .NU Domains using

At 17:29 09.01.00 -0800, Bill Manning wrote:

>I'd be strongly in favor of not mixing glyphs between sets.

but we can't tell whether we are doing this without defining what a "set"
is, which gets us started down the implementation slippery slope.

We can say that "there is no requirement for mixing A with B inside a
single label", where A and B are different subsets of the set of all
characters.
Giving a few examples is probably Good Enough for the requirements.

A requirement that it should be illegal to do such mixing can be read as 2
things:
- A technical requirement on the solution that it should be easy to identify
   the subset a character comes from, and either prohibit the mixing or say
   that there is no requirement on implementations that they support this
- An administrative requirement that no such label should be registered.

The first one belongs in this group, IMHO. The last one doesn't.

                            Harald

                         Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no