Re: Fwd: Eeek - .NU Domains using Ö, Ä , Å, Ü, Ñ - And More

At 10:40 07.01.00 +0800, James Seng wrote:
>To add to the list of commerical efforts,
>
>1. IONIC announced Japanese domain names registration under .jp.io
>    in Japan sometime in Nov 99. See www.nic.jp.io for details.
>
>2. ThaiURL.com has started offering Thai URLs to the public in Thailand
>    in Dec 99. www.ThailURL.com
>
>And of course, there is the i-DNS.net which is a spin-off from the iDNS effort
>by APNG. Service was first launch in Taiwan on Nov 99.

And of course all these are incompatible, right?
I know the .NU stuff is incompatible with the iDNS stuff.

when this group reaches a conclusion, we'll tell at least 3 out of 4 that
their approach doesn't work and is not the way of the future. Probably 4
out of 4.
That will be a fun time.

                    Harald
Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no