[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Protocol Action: Guidelines for Evidence Collection and Archiving to BCP
- To: IETF-Announce:;
- Subject: Protocol Action: Guidelines for Evidence Collection and Archiving to BCP
- From: The IESG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:34:35 -0500
- Cc: RFC Editor <rfc-editor@ISI.EDU>, Internet Architecture Board <iab@ISI.EDU>, email@example.com
- Comment: grip-wg mailing list add/drop requests to Majordomo@TransSys.COM
The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Guidelines for Evidence
Collection and Archiving' <draft-ietf-grip-prot-evidence-05.txt> as a
BCP. This document is the product of the G & R for Security Incident
Processing Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and
This document offers system administrators guidelines for the
collection and archiving of evidence of security incidents. It is
not intended to require all system administrators rigidly follow
these guidelines for every security incident. Rather, it attempts
to provide guidance on what they should do if they choose to to
collect and protect information relating to an intrusion.
Working Group Summary
There was no significant comment on this document during the working
group last call.
The document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush.