[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GRIP WG minutes
GRIP Working Group Minutes
Prepared by: David Blumenstein
This working group met once during the Nov 99 IETF meeting. The agenda covered each of the three documents currently under development by the group. The goal of the group is to complete all documents by the end of the year. We don't expect to need a meeting in Adelaide.
The editor was unable to complete a new draft after the Oslo meeting. He has said he'll have a new one out in the next three weeks.
Tristan posted a draft to IDs but was unable to attend the meeting and receive critique. Peter Kossakowski had some comments on the document that he will send to the list. The group was encouraged to review the draft and send comments to the list as well. We hope to have a final draft by the end of the year.
Tony has completed the changes identified at the Oslo meeting but he was not able to make the ID cut-off date. He reviewed the changes he had made and said he'd have the new draft out as soon as drafts are being accepted again.
There was no additional comments regarding the document although it was noted that the review in Oslo didn't get all the way through the document. So, once the new draft is posted, the group needs to carefully review it in its entirity.
Tony mentioned making the following changes to the security policy section:
- Inbound security incidents, for each instance at what cost or charge to the consumer
- Notification of vulnerabilities that may affect YOU not the rest of the world
- Timeliness of reporting on behalf of the ISP to you and its customer base
- How is info sent to ISP, security concerns (encryption, SSH, etc...)
- Provision of reference customers - those experiencing favorable security instances is voluntary
goal: done by the end of the year
co-editing of document to be handled by Manos Megagiannis