Re: Definition of ISPs

Mike O'Dell <mo@uu.net> écrit :
> that's a fine intent, but when the document gets waved around
> saying "the IETF defines an ISP this way..." it could get tricky
>
> i'm not sure how defining this term helps one way or
> another.  people will either understand it applies to them
> from context or they won't, and i don't think spelling it
> out in detail won't make them what don't understand more
> likely to understand.

According to my personal experience in this subject about GRIP, it is
important to clarify at the beginning of the documents what is the audience
for this document. Who is concerned or not concerned ?

Ex: "I just run a Web site, is GRIP relevant to me ?" No
"I offer connectivity, no services ?" are those documents relevant for me ?

I had the case of a person who didn't understand that those documents were
interesting for him. This is why we included this clarification at the
beginning.

Tristan
--
Tristan.Debeaupuis@hsc.fr -=- Herve Schauer Consultants -=- TD1678