Re: draft-ietf-grip-isp-00.txt now available

Mike O'Dell wrote:
>including this will get a DISCUSS vote from your own Area Director
>if it tries for BCP
>
>there are very good reasons to not do ingress filtering, and some of
>those will win-out over the good reasons to do ingress filtering.

I hadn't  considered trying for BCP, given that the document merely
expresses expectations and provides a framework for the discussion of
security.

At the moment I believe that Informational would be more appropriate,
but I'd would like to defer that decision until my chairs and ADs get
a chance to give more input.

>also, this is flat-out over the line in prescribing business practices.

Could you indicate where the line is and which sections are over it ?

Thanks,
Tom.
--
Tom Killalea   (425) 649-7417    NorthWestNet
               tomk@nwnet.net