[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: What to call that direction/redirection/routing thing
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: What to call that direction/redirection/routing thing
- From: "Christian Kuhtz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 02:34:00 -0500
- Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 23:35:00 -0800
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
> I have long held that the correct term to use is content routing. At this
> point in time, our current redirection mechanisms are crude compared what
> many of us think content routing can develop into. However, its clear that
> "content routing" is really what we want to aspire to, so why not define the
> space properly now. We can make it very clear that the current systems fall
> short in the architecture ID.
Again, _routing_ is the process of gathering info for the actual _forwarding_
of data. Let's stick with the well established terms and apply them to CDNs.