[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Label Set Object
At 11:11 AM 5/8/2002 +0530, Manoj Agiwal wrote:
I guess in
that case we can use Suggested Label , Label Set still can still be
No, the use of suggested label in this case would NOT be correct, as the
suggested labels can be ignored/ overridden by the receiving node.
- -----Original Message-----
- From: Zafar Ali
- Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 11:05 AM
- To: Manoj Agiwal; 'Ccamp (E-mail)
- Cc: mpls@UU. NET (E-mail)
- Subject: Re: Label Set Object
- At 10:00 AM 5/8/2002 +0530, Manoj Agiwal
- Hi ,
- In gmpls signaling
extensionsions for RSVP-TE , ccamp architecture on
- gmpls has described Label Set object usage
- only for the "optical" domain viz. for
carrying wavelengths ( Section
- 9.9 draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-02.txt) .
- Do we require to send Label
set(i.e. time slots) for TDM switching as
- well . In what way it can be useful .
- Dear Manoj,
- Yes, label set object is also useful in TDM case. E.g., SONET poses
an additional requirement that the two interfaces of a bidirectional LSP
SHOULD traverse the exact same link with the same SUKLM values for the
- The label set object can be used to constrain the downstream
label to the same as the upstream label.
- Regards... Zafar
- Regards ,
- Zafar Ali
- Cisco Systems
- (734) 276-2459
- 100 S Main St. #200
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
100 S Main St. #200
Ann Arbor, MI 48104.