[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: the LMP mib
Just a very quick reaction (better to alert
you at rev 00 than
the review. We will clean things up in
the next revision.
- You have picked up an old
template for section 4.
It references obsolted RFCs. Pls use latest one
- Section 4.1 is redundant and can be removed.
- Remove "using SMIv2" from the title.
We have been using SMIv2 for 5 years or so. This
"Using SMIv2" was customary when we had SMIv1
as the standard tool. These days SMIv2 is mandatory
- Why is the abstract and the 1st para of the intro (just
underneath each other) exactly the same?
- sect 9. DO not talk about interfaces group of MIB II.
Instead just stick to IFMIB (RFC2863)
- You are importing/using IpAddress.
CANNOT do that. Pls use TCs from RFC2851, or better
from the update that is being done right now.
- REVISION clause(s). In the end, when this MIB is first
published as RFC, we only want one simple revision
DESCRIPTION "Initial version, published as RFC
-- xxxx to be assigned by RFC Editor.
All the changes made during InternetDraft stages are
nice for the WG, but not really interesting once we publish.
You can put them in an appendix till doc goes to RFC-Editor
- lmpNbrNodeId OBJECT-TYPE
This is an INDEX object... should be not-accessible!
- STorageType object needs to describe which objects
(if any) must be writable when the StorageType is permanent
- RowStatus object needs to describe which objects (if any)
can be modified when the status is active.
- I do not see a reference to any discontinuity object in you
counter32/counter64 objects. Is there no potential for
discontinuity, otehr than at restart of the SNMP agent?
I guess there is, because you do have such an object
- In general, I would just talk about "notifications" and
about traps. A notification can be send as a trap or as
an inform, but that is under control of the MIB(s) in
- I would like to see 2 conformance statements:
lmpMIBFullConformance which allow READ/Create, so that it
can be used for configuration and
lmpMIBReadOnlyCompliance which is more or less the one you
have now and which allows for just
- In the security section, can you add some words about which
contain sensitive information and why? That would be usefull
users so they can determine how serious they have to
Just a quick sniff.
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.