[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: new rev of GMPLS signaling I-Ds
I have gone through the
draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-cr-ldp-02.txt drafts. I have certain
clarifications on these drafts. Following are my doubts :
1. In draft "draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-03.txt", u mentioned that
there will be a separate draft GMPLS-SONET for describing the technology
specific details. U have removed just the TDM related details in that draft.
The WDM specific label formats are still in the draft. Should not the
waveband and lamda specific details and their label formats need to be in
seprate draft like GMPLS-WDM. I mean to say why not put waveband label
format in some other draft like GMPLS-WDM.
2. It is mentioned in the draft that label set may be either restricted to
a single hop or the whole LSP path. Can u please clarify that this decision
should be based on what criteria or it is just a local node decision.
3. It is mentioned that LSP characteristics may be used by transit nodes
e.g. to support PHP (section 3.1). Can u please explain how ? Is this case
only possible in PSC ?
4. In section 3.1.1, it is written that lambda encoding type refers to
switching of wavelengths. Does it also include the waveband ? Why there is
not a separate LSP encoding type as waveband ? How does a transit node can
identify that a waveband label is requested instead of a lambda label ?
5. Are people more stressing on SDH/SONET in GMPLS area ?
6. In section 3.3.1, it is mentioned that waveband Id is selected by the
sender and reused in all subsequent related messages. Can u please clarify
that what are all those subsequent messages ?
7. In section 3.5, four different cases are explained where the label set
concept may be useful. Can u please calrify the 4th case further ?
8. Is waveband Id locally signifcant i.e. between the two adjacent nodes or
is it globally unique for whole LSP path ?
9. Can the generalized label TLV be present in Label Release/Withdraw
10. Is there any new draft coming on O-UNI ?
11. Is anybody defining the clear interworking on O-UNI and GMPLS ?
12. In section 5, it is mentioned that acceptable label set may be present
in notification message to indicate what all labels are acceptable ? Can u
please clarify what actions a node have to take once it receives the
notification message with acceptable label set ?
Please help me in understanding these drafts.
>From: Lou Berger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Subject: new rev of GMPLS signaling I-Ds
>Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:12:17 -0400
> It looks like the I-D folks are out (and not publishing) for a few
>days. For those interested updated versions of the generalized signaling
>docs, they are available at:
>Per the last IETF, these drafts don't include SONET/SDH specifics. A new
>draft covering the specifics will be published in a few days.
>Lou (and co-authors)
>>Subject: Autoreply from Internet Draft Submission Manager
>>From: email@example.com (Internet Draft Submission Manager)
>>This message is being sent to acknowledge receipt of your submission
>>or message to firstname.lastname@example.org
>>The I-D administrator will be out of the office until Monday,
>>April 23rd. All submissions will be processed.
>>Thank you. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com